St. Joseph’s Mercy Hospital was founded in 1870 by the Sisters of Mercy. The hospital was taken over by the Franciscan Sisters in 1880. In 1890 the hospital was renamed the Creighton Memorial St. Joseph’s Hospital, following donations for a new facility by John A Creighton in memory of his late wife Sarah E. Creighton.

This collection gathers a variety of materials and memorabilia related to the history of the Creighton Memorial St. Joseph’s Hospital.

Recent Submissions

View more